9987666354@Katihar Medical College MBBS Admission Procedure-Fee Structure-Course-Ranking-Cut Off-Eligibility-Seat Matrix
Katihar Medical College MBBS Admission Procedure-Fee Structure-Course-Ranking-Cut Off-Eligibility-Seat Matrix
For Admission & Counselling Process Call 09987666354 | 09326025948
The Kosi region in the north of the state of Bihar which is spread over two divisions of Purnea and Saharsa suffers from the lack of development of road, power, education and medical facilities. Extreme economic backwardness tells upon health, education and culture of the people of this region. Meritorious students of the region in general and Muslim youths in particular can ill afford to go out side for medical, technical and other professional education. Moreover, the ailing people of the area had to go to distant places e.g. Patna, Darbhanga and Bhagalpur Medical Colleges for specialized treatment, which is beyond the means and reach of the common people
In view of the aforesaid facts, there has always been a crying need of a Medical College and Hospital in this part of Bihar having about 40% Muslim population mostly below poverty line. To meet this demand of the community the Al-Karim Education Trust, Patna under the provisions of Art. 30 (i) of the Constitution of India sponsored and established the Katihar Medical College in 1987. The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee in October 2012.
Katihar is the district headquarters under Purnea division of Kosi region on Indo-Nepal and Bihar-Bengal Border, and has a glorious past in the field of learning and participation in the freedom movement. It is also the divisional headquarters of Indian Railways. Delhi-Guwahati Rajdhani Express is available daily for Katihar. Katihar junction is on the main Delhi-Guwahati rail line and being a five-line junction is well connected with all parts of the country.
AL-KARIM EDUCATIONAL TURST
The parent body of Katihar Medical College is a registered trust of the members of the Muslim religious minority community devoted to the promotion of education, research and information dissemination among Muslim minority community as well as general students. The Trust has also been established for the benefit of the poor and weaker section of the community specially to ameliorate their educational and economic backwardness and poor health care. It shall further undertake and pursue advancement of other aims and objectives of public utility in which the Muslim population is interested, to serve the nation and humanity in a better way.
The basic objective of the establishment of Katihar Medical College by the Trust is to provide specialized medical facilities to the suffering humanity of this region through the hospital of the College.
Katihar Medical College, Katihar is maintained and managed by the Trust.
- The campus is situated in a land of fifty five acres approximately with a built up area of 9,00,000 sq.ft.
- The college consists of various buildings housing different facilities such as administrative block, lecture theatre, separate hostels for boys, girls and interns, for PG students 155 suites with attached kitchen & bathroom, Emergency and Casualty services, O P D, 600 Bed Hospital with Modern Operation theatres, Radiology with facilities of MRI (1.5 tesla), DSA (Digital Substracting Angiography), CT Scan & Mammography besides X-ray, Microbiology, Pathology and Biochemistry Labs, Auditorium, Animal House, Postmortem Block with gallery and a full fledged Blood Bank with Blood Component facility, Bungalow for the Principal and residential apartments for Staff (102 quarters for teachers) and modern guest house are situated behind a panoramic view.
- The teacher student ratio is 1:2.
- The college library is located in the main building covering an area of about 17500 Sq.ft. It is well appointed with well-furnished reading rooms besides large number of latest text and reference books on all aspects of medical sciences and subscribes to 113 National and International Journals. Further each department has its own departmental library, equipped with Audio Visual Aids and for up-to-date reference on any subject the library is connected with Broadband Internet facility. All the journals are subscribed for online services also.
- Post Graduate courses in the subjects of Anatomy, Physiology,Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Bio-chemistry,Community Medicine, General Medicine, Dermatology Venereology & Leprosy, Paediatrics,General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Psychiatry & E.N.T., Anaesthesiology, Radio-diagnosis, and Obstetric & Gynaecology are available.
- The annual tuition fees shall be Rs.12,50,000.00 (Rupees twelve lacs and fifty thousand) per annum.
- For Non Resident Indian/Foreign and other students admitted on seats reserved for NRI, the annual tuition fee shall be $25,000.00 (US) per annum.
- This fee structure is applicable from session 2018-19 and may be revised after three years depending upon the budgetary needs of the institution and general economic parameters. Next revision of fee structure is due in the year 2021 and the revised fee shall be payable by all students.
- The annual tuition fee is charged for the subsequent academic years payable annually. The selected and admitted students shall be required to deposit the annual tuition fee through Bank Draft each year before the end of the month of June failing which he/she shall not be allowed to appear at the university examination.
- A candidate once admitted in the college shall not be allowed to leave the college without paying the full tuition fee for the remaining period of the MBBS Course.
- At the time of admission while paying the tuition fee for 1st year through Bank Draft, the candidate shall also have to furnish Bank Guarantee/Bond for payment of tuition fee for the remaining period of MBBS Course.
STUDENT AMENITIES FEE
Rs.25,000.00 (Rupees twenty-five thousand) per annum (Transport, Sports, Gymnasium, Wi-Fi etc. as per the policy of the college)
REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT
Rs.50,000.00 (Rupees fifty thousand)
KATIHAR MEDICAL COLLEGE, KATIHAR
Admission to Post Graduate Degree & Diploma Courses 2019
Katihar Medical College is a postgraduate medical education institute established in 1987 by Al-Karim Educational Trust, Patna. Initially MBBS course was introduced and later in 2006 postgraduate courses were introduced. The college imparts training in MBBS course as well as MD/MS/Diploma courses in different specialties of medical sciences. The admissions in both the undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered to candidates who have qualified in NEET examination in order of merit. Candidate seeking admission has to appear in counselling conducted under the extant rules, regulations and Court orders by the State of Bihar or other through their appropriate authorities.
The annual fee for Postgraduate Degree and Diploma Courses are payable annually at the beginning of academic year i.e. May. The annual fee structure for different subjects & courses are given below :